Geddesvale, Secluded Grazing Property
Properties like this are tightly held and rarely come onto the market!
"Geddesvale" presents 6271 hectares of freehold premium breeding and fattening cattle country located in the Western Downs Shire.
Held in the same family for over 70 years, this property is in high demand due to its good quality cattle country combined with unique privacy.
The homestead is positioned in a tranquil and secluded setting on top of the Great Dividing Range and provides magnificent outlooks from the verandah.
Note: Photos are not current. Property currently in drought, but they are indicative of its potential performance.
Don't miss out on this opportunity. For more information or to arrange an inspection contact George McVeigh, TopX Warwick on 0459 441 606 today!
- Ergon Power, 2 Telstra Lines (Radio Phone), Mobile Broadband Internet (Satellite Business also available)
- Mail Service and Mail Run: Twice Weekly from Chinchilla for mail and supplies
- Easy Access to Dalby, Roma and Warwick Saleyards and Feedlots and Meatworks
- Clearing Dip at Auburn Road for clearance of saleyard cattle
- Closest Town: Chinchilla QLD which has a number of grocery stores, chemists, doctors, hospitals, dental, hairdressers, clothing shops, bakery, newsagents, agricultural, water and plant merchants including machinery sales and 4 wheeler and motor bike sales, plant hire, mechanical shops and recreational and sporting facilities.
Modern, air conditioned homestead
- 4 bedrooms (or 3 bedrooms and office)
- Enclosed garage with bedroom and ensuite
- Machinery shed
- Two sets of cattle yards
- Water improvements
- Sundry outbuildings
Quality, extensive freehold grazing property comprising a good balance of the different country types merging into Brigalow softwood scrub country towards the western sector of the property to very good forestry country on the eastern boundary. The property is considered to be well developed with approximately 95% of the property marked as Category X on the Property Map of Assessable Vegetation. The ‘scrub’ soils support an excellent stand of Buffel while the forest country supports a good mix of native species and Buffel.
PMAV Locked In.
The property is considered well watered by eight equipped and reticulated bores most solar equipped, four earth dams including a large dam in the south western corner of the property that covers an area of approximately five hectares when full. Natural supplies are sourced from semi-permanent springs in the granite country and seasonal water holes along the drainage lines.
Geddesvale is fenced around the boundary and subdivided into approximately 17 main grazing paddocks plus several smaller paddocks around the yards. Fencing is of mixed styles varying from ‘aged’ timber posts with two barbed and one plain wire to newer fences of four barbed wires on split timber posts or steel pickets.
The details above are those supplied by the vendor although great care has been taken to compile accurate information, prospective purchasers should by inspection, or otherwise satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the information.