CHARTERS TOWERS PRIME & STORE CATTLE SALE MARKET REPORT – WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY 2022
Cattle comprised of a limited number of finished Bullocks and Cows, with a large run of good finished No. 8 & 9 Steers. Today saw our usual Buying panel in competition with one major Processor not operating, the market was predominately unchanged on previous weeks, with the exception of heavy Bulls. The yarding was drawn from Mt. Isa, Ayr, Einasleigh, Cloncurry, Georgetown, Normanton, as well as Local and Coastal areas.
Prime Quotes: Bullocks were quoted 5¢ dearer, Heifers were unchanged, Cows were 5¢ easier and Bulls were 15¢ easier on last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||296||204.2||332.9||390.0|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 540kg||159||100.0||340.3||392.2|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||121||100.0||219.3||378.2|
- Bullocks topped at 2¢/kg on a/c AJ & MA Spurdle that weighed 508kg to return $1,920 per head.
- Best Priced trade Heifers were presented on a/c Fanning Downs Trust that sold for 2¢/kg, weighing 425kg to return $1,632 per head.
- The top pen of Cows were sold by MI McClymont for 2¢/kg, weighing 566kg to return $1,777 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c CJ & AK Bolton topped at 330¢/kg and weighed 690kg, to return $2,277 per head.
Store Quotes: Store Cattle were presented in smaller lines of lighter Steers and Heifers, with an isolated run of heavy Brahman Feeder Steers. All categories selling to a firm buying panel. Lighter Brahman and Crossbred Steers sold to a strong Western buying panel of Restockers.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||174||270.0||474.4||618.2|
|200 – 320kg||233||200.0||452.3||616.2|
|320 – 400kg||50||300.0||380.0||480.0|
|Mickeys||Up to 450kg||445||60.0||387.3||504.2|
|Up to 200kg||96||250.0||388.8||400.2|
|200 – 320kg||279||200.0||360.3||430.2|
|320 – 370kg||59||298.2||385.1||428.2|
- A run of 125 Steers a/c Fanning Downs Trust avg 2¢/kg and weighed at an avg 449kg to return $1,768 per head.
- A good pen of 19 Heifers on a/c AR & VA Titley made 2¢/kg weighed 245kg returning $1,033 per head.
- 18 Cows & Calves sold on a/c W & K Bethel returned $2,000 per head.