CHARTERS TOWERS PRIME & STORE CATTLE SALE MARKET REPORT – WEDNESDAY 22ND JUNE 2022
Cattle comprised of larger lines of finished Ox, Heifers and Cows, with the females selling to reduced rates which is in line with other major selling centres this week. Bullocks remained relatively firm on last week’s rates. The yarding was drawn from Mt Isa, Richmond, Hughenden, Normanton, Georgetown, Forsayth as well as local and coastal areas.
Bullocks: 528 Heifers: 447 Cows: 903 Bulls: 111
Bullocks were quoted 5¢ easier, Heifers were 5¢ dearer, Cows were 15¢ easier, and Bulls were unchanged on last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||76||350||404||450|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 540kg||398||306||382||441|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||238||130||270||380|
|Medium||Up to 450kg||47||150||358||460|
- Bullocks topped at 438¢/kg for a pen of good quality Brahmans sold on a/c Laroona Pastoral Company, that weighed 514kg to return $2,251/hd.
- Best Priced trade Heifers were presented on a/c Basalt Grazing, Boremba Station, Hughenden that sold for 441¢/kg, weighing 477kg to return $2,103/hd.
- The top pen of Cows were sold by LCB Cattle for PTIC’s, making 420¢/kg, weighing 549kg to return $2,305/hd
- Best pen of Cows to the meatworks sold a/c RJ, JJ & SR Hyden, Old Victoria Downs, Charters Towers for 352¢/kg, weighing 530kg & $1,865/hd
- Bulls sold on a/c WD 19 Pty Ltd topped at 404¢/kg and weighed 552kg, to return $2,230/hd.
Steers: 1,662 Heifers: 460 Cows & Calves: 28
Store cattle comprised of isolated larger lines of predominately Brahman Steers & Heifers with a larger than usual yarding of Mickeys with all categories selling to an easing market and smaller buying panel operating.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||76||370||537||590|
|200 – 320kg||644||320||485||590|
|320 – 400kg||133||260||433||510|
|Mickeys||Up to 400kg||665||150||442||568|
|Up to 200kg||73||220||415||460|
|200 – 320kg||301||280||402||440|
|320 – 370kg||95||282||389||416|
- A pen of 12 Steers A/c B & A Bethel sold for 590¢/kg, weighed 170kg and returning $1,003/hd.
- 14 Steers A/c Mawell Ag made 510¢/kg for 339kg to return $1726/hd
- A pen of 10 Mickeys a/c Danny Stanford made 568¢/kg and weighed 198kg to average $1,124/hd.
- A good pen of 16 Heifers selling on a/c Heslin & Sons sold for 440¢/kg, weighing 284kg to return $1,249/hd
- Several smaller lines of Cows & Calves were offered, with the best of them selling for $1,950 per