Charters Towers Prime Cattle Sale Market Report – Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Prime Cattle comprised of some good pens of Bullocks and Steers with Prime Heifers and Prime Cows dominating the yarding. Competition was strong across all lines with 7 Processors and 2 Exporters competing on all types.
Bullocks: 482 Heifers: 341 Cows: 1,426 Bulls: 172
The yarding was drawn from Burketown, Croydon, Innisfail, Georgetown, Einasleigh, Mt Garnet, Greenvale, Collinsville, Julia Creek, Malanda, coastal and local areas. Bullocks were quoted 25-30¢ dearer, Heifers were 25-35¢ dearer, Cows were 5-10¢ dearer and Bulls were 20-25¢ dearer on last sale’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||360||120||296||363|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||300||200||273||325|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||563||120||217||249|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||57||140||275||320|
- Bullocks topped at 367¢/kg, sold on a/c Ann Harron, “Lochlea Station”, Greenvale that weighed 630kg to return $2,313 per
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c AR & CM French, “Gilberton Station”, Einasleigh that sold for 325¢/kg and weighed 353kg to return $1,147 per
- The top pen of Cows were sold by R Stoddard, “Cotilda Station”, Croydon, for 272.2¢/kg, weighing 500kg to return $1,361 per
- 13 Santa/Red Brahman Cross Cows sold on a/c The Jack Family, Fernlea Farming, Brandon made 270¢/kg to weigh 542kg and return $1,464 per
- Bulls sold on a/c HM Furber, “Narrawa”, Einasleigh, topped at 369.2¢/kg and weighed 590kg to return $2,178 per head.