CHARTERS TOWERS STORE CATTLE SALE MARKET REPORT – FRIDAY 17TH JUNE 2022
Cattle comprised of large runs of tidy Feeder Steers and quality light weight Steers that met with a competitive market. Heifers comprised of mainly Feeder weight Heifers were still in high demand. Store Cattle that were of mixed quality sold to slightly reduced rates. The yarding was drawn from Chillagoe, Forsayth, Normanton, Einasleigh, Georgetown, Mt Garnet, Mt Surprise, Richmond, Hughenden, Ingham, Ayr, Collinsville, Mingela, Local & Coastal areas.
Steers: 2,206 Heifers: 1,635 Mickeys: 385 Cows: 9 Cows & Calves: 30
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||168||480.0||635.6||710.2|
|200 – 320kg||1431||240.0||536.2||638.2|
|320 – 400kg||487||300.0||450.0||516.2|
|Mickeys||Up to 400kg||385||330.0||492.3||576.2|
|Up to 200kg||204||320.0||445.8||486.2|
|200 – 320kg||1082||260.0||450.6||502.2|
|320 – 370kg||242||270.0||428.8||444.2|
- A run of 20 Steers a/c Green Hills Cattle Co, Green Hills Station, Georgetown, made 438.2¢/kg and weighed 435kg, returning an average of $1,907 per head.
- A pen of 24 Steers a/c Rivercea Pty Ltd, Amelia Station, Charters Towers made 710.2¢/kg and weighed 151kg returning an average of $1,074 per head.
- A pen of 12 Mickeys a/c Furber & N. Steele, Soda Creek Station, Einasleigh made 576.2¢/kg weighing 179kg to return $1,032 per head.
- A pen of 36 Heifers on a/c Rapisarda, Woodhouse Station, Ayr made 502.2¢/kg, weighed 251kg, returning an average of $1,260 per head.
- A pen of 13 Cows & Calves sold to $2,200 per unit a/c MSN Family Trust, Camden Park, Hughenden.