Moving Cattle Across the Queensland Tick Line

When moving livestock (cattle, buffalo/bison and deer) from the Queensland cattle tick infested zone to the cattle tick free zone, all stock must be tick free.

The owner or person in charge of the livestock must provide a written declaration to an accredited certifier, stating what treatments they have done to their livestock to ensure they meet the risk minimisation requirements.

Please note that the declaration will be mandatory from 1st June 2021 with some accredited certifiers already requesting it.

You will need a biosecurity certificate issued by an accredited certifier to accompany livestock moving from a property in the infested zone into the free zone. A biosecurity certificate will only be issued after the accredited certifier is satisfied the livestock have met the ‘risk minimisation requirements’ as stated in the biosecurity manual (PDF, 1MB).

An accredited certifier can inspect and treat your livestock either on your property or at a public clearing facility.

All livestock must be accompanied by a movement record and meet any prescribed NLIS requirements.

Find information about moving cattle across the Queensland Tick Line here: Crossing Tick Line Factsheet

Download: Owner Declaration and Guide for Completing

View a map of cattle tick free and infested zones.

For more information call Biosecurity Queensland on 13 25 23.