Wednesday 1st September
On Property ‘Glenba’
985 Landsborough Highway
BRED BY COMMERCIAL PRODUCERS FOR PROFITABLE COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES.
As commercially focused beef producers, also selling seed stock, Rangeland Bulls share the growing interest in improving herd productivity and linking bull breeding to the commercial sector. They offer an alternative where animals have been selected for over 20 years based on genetic merit, without any artificial inputs or nutritional advantages. The objectives of their program and selection traits have remained constant over this time, with the goal of optimising net profit per hectare in a commercial environment. They have never set out to produce a large number of bulls and only bulls they would be satisfied to use themselves are offered for sale.
– Structural soundness and vet checked
– No artificial inputs. The entire herd is grass fed, organic.
– Selection pressure across the herd means every female must calve unassisted by 2 years of age and continue to wean a calf every 12 months, within a 90 day joining.
– Intense bull selection. Only top 5 % of male calves selected as bulls for continued genetic gain.
– Early puberty. Selection for scrotal size at weaning and one year old. Bulls must have reached puberty by one year old. Research shows scrotal size needs to be evaluated in terms of ‘how big and how soon’ ie when you want your heifers cycling.
– Bred in tough environmental conditions to perform with no artificial inputs. All animals are grass fed, organic certified.
– Bulls in paddock condition, ready to work. View bulls in their ‘working clothes’ to select animals that can perform in a grass-fed environment.
– Market suitability. Selection traits based around fertility and growth patterns to meet organic, MSA market specifications, off grass.
Bulls that will make an immediate impact after your first join will be available for auction at their on-property sale at ‘Glenba’.
Follow the links below for more information on the benefits Rangeland Bulls can bring to the fertility, profitability and overall bottom line of your business!
Beef Central – Breeding objectives underpin production gains.
MLA – The measure of success in your female herd.
Keep up to date with the commercial production of Rangeland Bulls on their Faceboook page:
Click HERE for Rangeland Bull Sale’s 2020 video.
We hope you stay safe and well.
Rangeland Bulls team
* Pictures are relevant to 2019 Rangeland Bulls Sale